Thursday, June 18, 2015

Entry #6: What's This... Car Tricks?

Roll over! Good car! Well these are not these are not the tricks to help with your car! So I recently bought a car. A Volkswagen Passat from 2005, which it is a light gray. Booooooyyyyy this car has so many problems at the moment, not many engine problems, just what was inside the car and outside the car! I bought this car for $3,000 and it run perfectly. But when I bought this car, the private owner told me he "accidently" left the windows open when it rained and so the carpet was a little wet. My parents were like.. "Sounds about right" so I said, "You are telling me, this man, left his car window open when the rain came?" Sooo to sum it up, the car smelled really bad, and the dude did not clean the inside. he sorta just took the crumbs out of the car.


So let us get to the tips that can save some money for a nice detailing!

We first removed the back seat, since it could be detached. We first used an odor remover to attack the strong smell, once we applied the spray I used a scrubber and then used a stain remover vacuum. We probably did this step three times. Then we let the seat dry outside, so it can air out. Then we moved to the front seat, which was the exact same process, just without taking the seats out.

Then moving to what was under the back seat! I saw what it looks like when you have kids..... There was a crayon that was melted under the seat, then McDonald's fries EVERYWHERE..... it was like I could give a scoop of fries to a customer, and then tissues.... man these tissue must have had a person with issues... they look so used... it was disgusting... so we dumped all the trash out. then we removed the crayon stains as fast as we could, and once we wiped the crumbs and trash out of the car, we used disinfection wipes to clear any germs.

Finally it was the main problem... the car smell, that fowl odor that seemed to smell like sewer... we used the odor remover spray perhaps 5 times. Then vacuumed it like for half an hour. I mean we looked like clean freaks when doing all of this... it was just bad. Finally once the sewer was removed, it was simply time to move the pieces back inside car... it smelled a lot better, more like someone just farted, then apologized by giving you flowers.

Then the outside, I went to car wash place to realize that car washes are not the best, it worth it to hand wash your car. When I washed my car through a car wash it still had little dirt marks around my ride. I simply grabbed a wet rag and removed the dirt spots, it took a little time but it was better. Finally I did some research on how to clear up foggy headlights! This was a challenge! I had to grab some toothpaste and spread it on the headlight part of the car, it looked very foggy. But then I used a wet rag to wipe the toothpaste off and BAM it was clear! It was clear like new! Sadly it is a temporary fix... So this car was no longer my used car, it sorta transformed into my new car!

4 comments:

  1. what cars actually allow you to remove this much of it because my little car does not do this and with my kids there is never any point to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if you can help me defeat the wet-dog smell the inside of my truck has. My passenger window broke and now is just always down, and with all the rain it just keeps getting worse. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few spiders lurking about in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JENN: The only advice I can give you is something vacuuming the small things and just use an ordinary cleaner. For the car coming apart, you might just need to open the seats, or just clean it when it is all together:)

    Sure it gets dirty again, but I mean I nice clean up makes a huge difference.

    MicD: They sell dog odor remover for cars. Those cost a little more, but it is handy! About the car window, it could possibly be the motor, there is way you can open the passenger door, and pull the window up yourself, My fathers car window had that problem, he just used an object to prop it up, but then her bought window engine thing.

    Also! The best way to remove odors is by using hands! Grab a scrubber, put an one of the odor removers on, than scrub! Then if you have some spare change buy a air freshers and place it in your car. :) It should remove some dog odors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian--Good new entries. Interesting and entertaining. You could dig further in entry #5. Good visual appeal.

    BTW, congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete