Something that really stuck me in both movies were, how can I really make a change? I am only one person and I can not go out into the world and start an organic food market. Fresh showed ways were I could make an impact, it may not be huge. But the impact is big such that I can support an organic market. The other activity I can do is growing my own healthy food. It may be a lot of work but it pays off. Fresh had this emotional impact on me, by showing the simple things I can do.
Now Food, Inc. was definitely something I can barely describe. But I can discuss about how it changed my viewpoint on how I should approach food. When first seeing this movie, I thought that this movie was going to show me a few sad animals and then announce something like "Change" or "'With your support you can do this" it came to my mind that this movie had an intention to let me know that "HEY YOUR FOOD IS REALLY THIS!" making me realize like, man.... I consume this... I promote this... I buy the cheap stuff over the healthy... So I mean I did not think much about it till I really saw a problem. This was really two problems and only one could change. Their are the companies, and we know they will not change, because how will they make their money. And there is us, the people, we can actually help, we stop going to unhealthy fast food places. We buy some actual food and we do that, at the least, once a week. I buy watermelon from Sprouts, and it only costs a dollar. When I buy something Organic, or do something organically healthy I feel like I am helping. So what will you do? Go healthy? Or drive to get a burger?
No comments:
Post a Comment