Monday, June 8, 2015

Entry #3: What's This... Technology?


"Wall-E", A movie that showed society an important lesson, love. Perhaps it was illustrating something different this clip, maybe it was how technology is impacting society. This clip made me realize that "Wall-E" the movie had and important lesson. The lesson of not to be fat, noooooooo the lesson was that in the future we will all be fat. The message that was shown was we are dependent  on technology.

In the beginning of the scene Wall-E is looking around and it shows the audience a view of what the future may look like, with people no longer having to walk. Sadly this idea is coming to life, we have the have electronic wheelchairs, and yes the purpose for them are for the disabled, but now they are showing that overweight citizens can now just hover anywhere. This shows something that I am freighted for in the future, because we are born with two legs and we should use them! The world is a perfect place, so why not explore it? Chairs can not take you everywhere!

The scene that hit me the most was when Wall-E met Mary, Mary was focused on her screen having an important phone call with a friend, She was so focused she was blind to the environment Mary was surrounded by! Once Wall-E accidentally canceled her call Mary became amazed about what she was looking at. Making a huge realization that maybe she has been stuck on the screen for way to long!

This movie does have a wake up call to the world, purposely the makers of "Wall-E" were sending a message saying we should drop the technology and look around. I eventually watched a few videos, but these has some messages towards technology. 



"Look Up" was video announcing that technology is bad for society, and that the world is misusing it. We use it for everything and everywhere. We forget to communicate, gain relationships, and spend time with others. During the video it showed what would happen if we simply look up. The man had looked up and stopped using technology to meet a girl and eventually had a life with the girl. But then they gave an alternate ending if the man did not look up, his life would have completely changed and that the girl would not be is his life. This was very inspiring, so inspiring that once the I watched the video I went outside for a small walk, and did not touch my phone. I simply wanted see how it felt, I had noticed little things, that perhaps nobody else would notice, such as a birds nest in the tree, or even the dog dropping I would have stepped on, but I did not because I was aware of the environment I was in. Perhaps we should take this lesson from "Look Up" and try it for an hour, you to will notice a difference.

Finally I wanted to figure another persons view point, but not many people listed technology as a "good" thing to have. Except one video, which still did not have a deep message compared to "Look Up"


Once watching this video, it come to my mind that technology is for the greater good of people, but for some uses. Not for the use of communicating if the person you are communicating to is right in front of you. Technology is good, to an extent of helping society grow to become healthy, but it also can become bad, so bad that we do not notice what is around us, hopefully you take a step back and actually look up! I'm going outside!


3 comments:

  1. I really like the way you put your thoughts together. The video is ver interesting =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off ! Your music poll is "closed"= not fair !!!

    You have made great points and transitions in your blog. Mankind has always made ways to make his life better. I do not think evolution was ready for this. I really think I have seen many great things in my life span but I think we are on a downward slope as well. I do a lot of local hiking and more and more I see people trying to get from point A to point B as fast as they can- with a cell phone attached to there ear.

    Again- great write up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock! I fixed the voting, it the date was extended!

    Sally, Thank you! I try my best! :)

    ReplyDelete