TAMALES! Boy oh boy! It's a sad feeling when you know it's not tamale season! So really, What is a tamale? They may look simple, but they are hard to describe. I'll try my best to describe them! Tamales are like burritos, but with meat in them, and other ingredients, and without a tortilla. What holds the tamale together is masa. I'll go into a brief session about masa, because I really want to stay on the tamale topic. But masa is a sort of flour recipe that forms into this thick like food product! Anywayyyyyyy back to tamales, tamales were actually made in Columbia and the significance was that tamales were made by women, during battles. The women were brought along to cook for the soldiers. Eventually the recipe started to spread and the recipe was altered to the culture it was in. For some cultures, tamales contain meat, corn and rice... basically everything you want in it. Some cultures just put meat and to be crazy with your tamale some put an olive in it. Soooo I mean, to sum up the tamale and the powers it has, you can put ANYTHING in a tamale, literally. You can put any kind of meat, or if your a vegetarian you can put no meat, and it's still called a tamale! However, for people who are scientific about their tamales they specifically put candy in their tamale... Like what?
The really amazing thing about tamales is you can customize and make a tamale to whatever you want! But to keep the name of tamales, you just need to wrap it in some sort of masa!
Curious on how to make your own tamale? It might be a challenge right now due to the season, because usually the time to make them are in December! Impatient? Here are two videos! One is advanced, and the other is more simple! Enjoy!
Here is the more advanced, I feel it is more advanced because it is not very specific!
Here is the other one, I feel like this is more explained! (Simple)
So a special thank you to the woman who prepared this during the Colombian age! Tamales are just plain out good! Hope you enjoy them just like me! So now you know what a tamale is! See Ya!
Hi Christian. I ate few time the tamale. Like you said, it is like burritos. When I ate it, I can taste the flavor from the husk and after steamed the meat very tender. I like it. I also watched your videos. The second one looks really good and I showed to my mom. We are gonna try make it.
I love me some tamale's! And to be honest, I always thought they were native to Mexico.
Page looks good man, and I dig the music in the background. One thing though, I hadn't really anticipated it, and had the volume cranked, scared the bajesus out of me :D
I miss tamales wish it was was winter time D: Now I am hungry just from watching this haha way to bro now you have to bring tamales to class so everyone can taste them. P.S. bring more for me please hehehe
Christian--Nice job with your blog so far. You have some good topics and ideas, and your development is pretty good. Keep digging and analyzing. Your blog looks good (and sounds good!).
Hi Christian. I ate few time the tamale. Like you said, it is like burritos. When I ate it, I can taste the flavor from the husk and after steamed the meat very tender. I like it. I also watched your videos. The second one looks really good and I showed to my mom. We are gonna try make it.
ReplyDeleteI love me some tamale's! And to be honest, I always thought they were native to Mexico.
ReplyDeletePage looks good man, and I dig the music in the background. One thing though, I hadn't really anticipated it, and had the volume cranked, scared the bajesus out of me :D
I miss tamales wish it was was winter time D:
ReplyDeleteNow I am hungry just from watching this haha way to bro now you have to bring tamales to class so everyone can taste them.
P.S. bring more for me please hehehe
When was the last time that i had a nice tamale... Great, look what you did, now i have to get one tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteChristian--Nice job with your blog so far. You have some good topics and ideas, and your development is pretty good. Keep digging and analyzing. Your blog looks good (and sounds good!).
ReplyDeleteXinXin! I'm very glad to hear you hard going to attempt to make tamales I hope you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteMicD! Sorry about the music, I coded it to be quite but it seems that didn't work. Haha! Thank you for the page compliment!
Mr.Damiani, The season is not set for tamales! if you buy the ingredients I can make some. Haha
R3DPANDA, I wish I could cook some, but the season for them is just not the best Haha!
ProfChris, Thank you, I hope you enjoy the blog, Also thank you or the advice I will definitely dig and analyze more
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete